What personal information does Big Cheese Badges Ltd gather?
We collect the minimum amount of information that we need to process your order(s). Any information collected about you (such as contact information, and/or any information obtained after completing an enquiry form, etc) is used by Big Cheese Badges Ltd to process your order(s) and will not be sold to or traded with any other party. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as that which you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide to fulfil orders, respond to requests and to communicate with you. For the purposes of order tracking we will also store details of your previous orders with us. For example, to process your order, the information we need may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many websites, we sometimes use “cookies”, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. For security purposes, Big Cheese Badges Ltd may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, and to our website.
- Email Communications: The email address that you provide us with will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order(s), and to respond to your enquiries and/or other requests or questions you sent to us. If you have opted-in to our mailing list, we may also occasionally send you emails including company news and updates, new badge designs, and/or other related product or service information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails we will include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email, or you can contact us via our website and ask to be removed from the mailing list. By default, you will not be opted in to receive mailing list emails. Any important notices will be published prominently on our website and you will be asked if you wish to opt in to our mailing list at that time.
We will never collect information that is not related to the purposes of fulfilling your order(s), and we never collect or store credit card, debit card or bank details. Any personal information that we hold will be accurate and up to date to the best of our knowledge and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy.
What about cookies?
Does Big Cheese Badges Ltd share the information it receives?
We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. At no time do we ever provide your information to any third-party vendor, associate or service provider, except to the extent necessary to provide our services to you (for example, to fulfil your order(s), we will need to share your name and address with the postal delivery service provider). We will never sell or trade your personal information.
How secure is information about me?
Traffic to our website is securely encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems controlled by our hosting partner. We control who has access to information using both physical and electronic means. Our staff and hosting partner receive data protection training and handle personal information with the utmost care.
It is also important for you to protect against unauthorised access to the computer and/or personal device used to access this website. For example, be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
How long is information about me stored?
We will only use and store your information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. For example, when you place an order, we will keep the personal information you give us for six years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Which information can I access?
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation you have more legal rights with regards your personal information, including:
- The right to confirmation as to whether or not we store any of your personal information
- The right to obtain a copy of any personal information we do hold, to be provided in a commonly usable electronic format. (In order to associate all such information provided by you we will need to store an email address when collecting personal information of any type, allowing us to search all data submissions by email address.)
- The right to have your information erased (This won’t apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason, such as to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws.)
- The right to have inaccurate personal information rectified
- The right to object to your personal information being used for marketing or profiling
- The right to withdraw your consent to your personal information being processed
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
When do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information at the following points:
- When you visit our website
- When you place an order
- When you contact us by any means (for example, if you ask us to email you information about a product or service, etc)
- When you comment on or review our products and services
Explaining the legal bases that we rely on
The GDPR legislation identifies a number of reasons, or legal bases, that a company may use in order to collect and process your personal information. Big Cheese Badges Ltd relies on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent: In specific situations, we can collect and process your information with your consent, such as when you opt in to receive newsletter emails
- Contractual obligations: In certain circumstances, we need your personal information to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you place an order with us, we’ll collect your name and address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to the postal delivery service provider
- Legal compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your information. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Big Cheese Badges Ltd to law enforcement
- Legitimate interest: In specific situations, we require your information to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business, and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you (or make available) personalised offers. We may also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or to develop new designs, products or services
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit this website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the United Kingdom. If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice please contact us using the Contact Us form.
Big Cheese Badges Ltd requires anyone using our services to be at least 13 years of age, and are permitted to use our services only if they have the appropriate permission and direct supervision by a parent or guardian. Children under age 13 are not permitted to use our services.
Making a complaint
If you are unhappy about our use of your information, you can contact us using the Contact Us form. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
- Telephone: 0303 123 11113
- Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
This Privacy Notice was last updated on May 31st, 2023.